Playlist

My family took a day trip to the Memphis zoo
one Saturday in June. This trip was extra fun!!!

The last time I can remember going to Memphis
was when I was a child, then one time I took a flight
and the first flight stop was Memphis - so actually I was only
at the Memphis airport - which I thought was really nice.

So for this day trip, I googled all the directions, printing them
out placing them in a small black binder-which my husband
completely laughed at. This way my kids were able to see
just what it really takes to even take a day trip, educational.

My binder included directions, zoo hours & prices, zoo rules-which my kids
loved reading-they got a kick out of your under ware could not show. Also
I had a list of the zoo exhibits and the zoo map.

Boy was it hot!

We planned well ahead. My daughter has a roll around cooler- I checked
to see if we could bring, the website said yes. We put drinks, mainly water
and snacks in the cooler. My kids have those water bottles with fans on them,
those really came in handy. We dressed in cool colored clothes,
making this a lasting memorable trip.

For lunch we stopped at Neely's BBQ-from food network.
It was really good!

Off to the Children's Museum of Memphis before we headed home.

The kids absolutely loved it. There were so many hands on things
for them to do:
grocery store-they were able to shop, check themselves out
firetruck-they were able to put fire suits on, sit in
police car- they were able to sit in, turn lights on
air plane-they got to sit in the cockpit

and so so much more!!!

I included information on Neely's and the Museum
in my binder as well. The kids loved looking at the binder
in the car, it gave them alot of insight for what was ahead.

Because this trip was 3 hours one way, I knew
my ipod would need a fast up date. I love new music
and ideas of music. The week before I saw
Keith Urban's Playlist in the July issue of Redbook.

And then Brooke White's, brookiebabble, Summer Playlist
she shared on her facebook page.

Both of these list made it to my ipod, along with
True-Compass-Edward-M-Kennedy-memoir audio.
When I told my sister I was listening to the Kennedy memoir
she huffed at me, he is a liberal Democrat. In my mind,
I just sighed. I was not listening to him because
he is liberal, rather because he sounds interesting
and he died from a brain tumor-cancer-and I wanted
to hear his outlook on cancer. Explaining that to my sister
would have been like explain to the preacher why I farted
in church, I guess. It just seems anyone and everyone linked
to cancer some how, know, know what it's like and someone
someday is gonna get it figured out! But until then, those who
have been down that road of cancer, we all have to stick together
because if you haven't been touch by cancer you don't understand
the fact of what the health care system from that stand point is like.
And believe me there is huge room for improvement!

During those hours of driving, I really enjoyed listening
to the Kennedy memoir over listening to the two actually
playlist. Since then I have listened to the playlist at home
while dressing for the day....it just adds alittle peep to my step!

No comments :

Post a Comment