Are you looking at the bigger picture


Something Bigger: Recently, I sensed the calling to help provide shoes for a family in need. The family is collecting shoes as part of their adoption funding process. One may wonder, "How will 10,000 pair of shoes produce a baby?" "Only those who throw away their lives for my sake and for the sake of the Good News will ever know what it means to really live.” Mark 8:35 When we show up, because we've been called to serve, we fully experience His goodness through the process. There is a found freedom in living for something bigger than self, living for His purpose. Not in questioning the process and not in never giving. Although, I do believe He wants us to ask questions to further our knowledge so we can then share the good news. I quickly realized, He wasn't just calling me to give. He was also calling others in my life. "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27 I can only image the conversations among each ones walls of their homes as they too helped gather shoes. My prayer is the growth you experience is truly newness, a fresh start to cleaning out your space of unneeded items, while serving our good, good Father. I was reminded through this process, He provides grace to protect us from the confines of our self-focused world and frees us to live the eternal purpose and delights of His Kingdom. I am thankful for your giving hearts. As I know, the May's are amazed at His work through this entire process. 
I delivered our gathered shoes to the May family Friday.
What's He calling you to be apart of?
Anyone looking to learn more about the May's journey please like their Facebook page, Shoe Drive To Bring Home Baby May. The companying the Mays are partnering with is called Angel Bins, @angel_bins_fundraising . A recycling, fundraising organization located in Los Angeles, CA. Use #angelbins and you can see others who are hosting their own drives for school fundraising, cancer related fundraising etc. Maybe you're being called to start your own fundraiser. 

No comments :

Post a Comment