How Honest Should I Be


Honest: we tend to think of being honest as, trusting a person not to steal our material possessions or our money. The Lord wants us to go deeper. He wants us to see honesty as something bigger. If we aren't honest how our jobs, life, etc are going we rob ourselves and those around us. We rob ourselves of opportunities to grow emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Here's my honest story.
I want to be very transparent with you about something. You see me on social media or even in real life showing up as an artist. An artist who's written books, photographed weddings and my latest adventure selling artwork in a local boutique. My vulnerability comes from a place I'd like others to understand, one of those three made me the most money. It's was a trial run of 10 years venturing out to capture couples special moments on their wedding day. Meeting lots of people and growing spiritually along the way. The other two writing books and creating artwork hasn't been my most productful income avenues. Being honest here. Honest with myself. Honest with others. Yet, I know I've heard Him correctly call me into these places to use my time, resources, knowledge, and talents. I share this to help make a connection as your sister in Christ. Don't give up. All of our years might not finically be productful but He is still at work in our lives and the lives around us. Each day is a new piece of our journey which is building our life legacy. Our life legacy will be the inspiration or encouragement someone needs in 10 minutes, 10 years from now or 10 years from the moment you depart from this place we call earth. What you are doing now matters. You matter. In those dry moments like I spoke of which do not bring in the most revenue, the Lord still wants to minster to your soul and the souls around you. Trust. Believe. Listen. Speak up. Show up. Keep pressing forward. Don't stand in the "well I don't see the result I selfishly think I should. So I'll just go lay on the couch watching Netflix." Wrong. Now there is a time to take a break. I am not saying stopping often for enjoyable entertainment isn't necessary. Because in those moments of rest He is ministering to our souls to prepare us for the hustle. Are you a hustler? Are you honest?

Being honest is one character trait of becoming, growing in building Christ like character. None of us will ever be fully grown here on earth. Continue seeking honesty for growth.

Do you know of someone who examples honesty? Your Spouse. College student. Elementary student. Child. Teacher. Coworker. Parent. Friend. Honor this character trait. Tell them you see this in them. Write a note. Leave a sticky on their desk. Text them. Give them an "honest" Christ like character heart, shown in picture, for Valentines Day this year. Stop by MiGi's today to inquire about this beauty.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27

Are you holding off telling someone something?
#behonest #honest #honestheart#christlikecharacter #valentinesday #migis
• a portion of proceeds go towards cancer research •

No comments :

Post a Comment