How to Create a Home Art Studio


My Space: an art studio created in my home years ago when my children were young. I dreamed this space to look different, be in a different location & different things to take place in it. Today, I share with you, it's a place where I've learned a lot about myself, what to let go of & what to embrace-like my handwriting. Make messes. Be authentic. & clean up before the next go around. It's a safe space in my daily life I can be just me. Since I was a child, all I wanted was to be was an artist. Life caught up with me years ago: school, work, marriage, kid, college, loss of my father, cancer, etc. I almost forgot "what I want to be when I grow up". Thankfully, the Lord opened a door for me & my family 14 years ago. A new job from home awaited me. One to raise my kids, be a homemaker. One I didn't want. It wasn't me, my personality. I really wanted to throat punch everyone around as I walked through the job transition. It was a time of loss, loosing one job to gain another. A lonely job at that. Isolation. No community. One where my only coworker was a dog, kids & by night we were a family when dad got home. The Lord used this time, this space to heal me & transform me of places I'd been & the person I was becoming. The biggest thing I get often, is "you are so creative"! I am truly convinced if we all went forward whole heartily towards the thing we "want to do when we grow up", we'd all create a space for it, regardless what it looked like or where it was at. & the people around would say, "you are so...". Have you experienced a loss-job, spouse, parent, marriage, money, etc.? Are you lonely? Create a space to be you. This may require effort, time, thought, space, letting go & may only be on a piece of paper with lines and a pen. Let it out. Be you. The biggest thing is, show up! Tidy your space up. Start fresh with what you have. Do your thing. Be the person God created you to be. Say yes! Saying yes to one thing may get you a whole lot more of something you were once distracted from. I am thankful I said yes! Yes to letting go! Yes to a new job! Yes to creating a new space! All to which got me to where I am now, being an artist! #showup#startfresh #shine

No comments :

Post a Comment