Teammates

Looking down at our phone is like looking down on life.

My car crossed over one lane of traffic turning left out of my neighborhood. A Christmas gift list floated in my mind while it laid on a list in the seat next to me. At the red light, cars passed beside me and in front of me. Then the arrow turned green. My car turned down a second two-lane road. As cars passed me head on, I noticed several drivers looking down, like face parallel to their lap. My life flashed in front of me, as each of my family members and each of the drivers family members did. Guessing they are looking at their phone. This happens daily on these two roads. 

We "mise-well" be funneling beer.

What's the one thing you hear coaches on basketball courts, soccer fields and football fields say? "Keep your head up and know where your teammates are at all times." Brothers and sisters, God wants the same thing. He wants us on His team. He wants us to hold our heads up. He wants us to see what's going on around us. He wants us alert at all times so we benefit our lives as well as others. He wants us to be teammates

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 

Let's look up at our teammates and be alert, be aware what's going on around us before we crash the game. If playing on our phone while in the car is necessary, let's find a designated driver.

I want to play on your team.

Will you pass me, safely? 

No comments :

Post a Comment