ArT journaling

A friend recently said to me,
"i can't find enough stuff to do
with my time to keep me from getting
bored." My response, "i can't find enough time
to get everything done I want to do."

The difference in people!
Is she right or wrong!?
Am I right or wrong!?
My answer to both is NO!!!

I truly believe everyone looks for that
balance every hour, day, week, month
and year. Managing our time, managing our life!
speed up, slow down

Just like the time I set aside this school year
to focus on my ART. The first week went good.
I worked on a few things from finishing a painting I started
last year, starting and finishing a new painting, working on
some mail art, and sketching a face for the first time since
junior high. I wanted to write one big blog post showing
you everything at one time, but
that would be a disservice to you and I both! Look
for those to come in the days and weeks ahead...

For now let's start here...

ART JOURNALING

art journaling is a collection of creative techniques
shared to express yourself.

This summer, I wanted to challenge my
kids to make more art. Each summer and
really all year long it plays a big part of our life,
but I wanted to take a different approach to it.
Something I would enjoy too!

I feel everyone is a creative beginning!

Creativity comes in many shapes and sizes. From with-in
a kitchen, a garden, a written page, a walk, a room-decorating,
and even a art studio. Check this video out below...
You just might be more creative than you realize!


I got the idea to do the art journal from a magazine called Art Journaling.

I bought the girls and I a 5.5x8 watercolor journal
from Hobby Lobby(see picture below). The thickness of the pages
caught my eye, not that they were watercolor. We used what paint,
tissue paper, scrap paper, markers, pens etc. we had on hand. I stressed
the fact of working on a budget and working with stuff you
might already have.




my first Art Journal page


The first page theme was "my first art journal"

I encouraged them to
*use 5 to 9 colors
*write summer 2011
*write their name
*plan out their page before jumping in-just be creative!
*to write around the outer edge what summer means to them.

I used tissue paper-the white and pink at the top of page,
green and pink paint, black pen, scrapbook paper cut in circles-bottom of page,

This Art Journal project was a way for
the kids and I to share our
creativity on a new level, trying new things. I enjoyed
watching them work along the way and they did me as well.
Each piece kept together in the journal was a big plus, so that we don't
have tons of canvas laying around, that more than likely would
end up in storage somewhere.

They had so much fun!

Look for page two in my art journal next week!

and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom,
with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—
to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze,
Exodus 35:31-32 

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Do you have a hard time managing your time?
Do you art journal?
Would you like more tips on art journaling?

Comments are welcomed, feel free to jump in...

No comments :

Post a Comment