Monday, August 29, 2011

My first sketch since junior high

This Kiss...xo by Ashley Murphy 2011

This sketch was inspired by author, photographer,
artist friend of mine, Cathy Bueti.

Along my writing trail, I met several different
authors, Cathy being one. She actually published her book
Breastless in the City a few years prior to me.
Since then, she has moved forward
in the mix media art world.

I have enjoyed watching her grow as an artist this past
year. So now as I grow deeper in my art
she has inspired me to try new things while finding
just who I am as an artist!

My first week on this art journey, I sketched a face
for the first time since junior high. It was
inspired after seeing Be a Star by Cathy.

Be on the look out for other sketches,
I sketched one each night that week! Fun stuff...



No comments :

Post a Comment