Spring Break 2009!

I finally made it back to share the details of our week, sorry to leave you hanging with just the pictures. Thanks for the comments already received,on the pictures!

MONDAY-Shopped for material for my oldest daughters school project, a parachute to be drop over Germany with Dios es Amos (God is Love) hand writing on the side, yes I had to sew the parachute. This project earned her an extra 100 in the class, so two great things at once, she got a good grade and someone else will learn they are loved. We also went shopping for flowers for the cemetery, my youngest daughter has never been to my daddy's grave and always ask about it, so what a beautiful time of year to go. When I told her we would go one day when they are out of school she ask me, "can we dig his bones up" she is five!

TUESDAY-We arrive to our scheduled hair appointments, with my mother, for the girls. All ate lunch together at a local sand which shop. Then drove to the cemetery. Monday it rained, so we were not sure if it would carry on into Tuesday, I had visioned the kids having their pictures made with rain boots and umbrellas. The sun was perfectly out when we got there but I was determined to still get those photos. I meant to bring a shovel!





they tried to bring home a baby fish and a baby turtle...momma said NO! :(

WEDNESDAY-My oldest daughter went to work with her aunt, so my and the youngest had alittle time to ourselves. We ran a few errands, in return I took her to the park and a quick stop at the local ice cream shop. There we saw the manager, she is always busting with friendliness, always remembers my family. A break appeared between customers, she begin telling me about the first time school fundraisers she put together, showing me the fundraiser packets. Again busting with excitement, she expressed how she hopes to be in corporate office one day. I look her firmly in the eyes telling her you will be, keep up the great work. Guys workers like this will make it to the top no doubt. The same goes for us in our daily lives! I didn't have time to explain to her just what I meant, she did ask about my position in a company, then the break was over. In all of the history of my life, I have worked hard to be where I am, on top! My oldest daughter came home, went to spend the night with a friend. The youngest hung out on the back porch and gazed into the eyes of the dozens of caterpillars she found. Of course I broke out the camera, when she finally came inside she told me, "I heard God talking to me" a five year old now, that's amazing! I ask what did he say but she couldn't really tell me other than she heard his voice in her head.






THURSDAY-Was quit, after lunch we picked up the oldest, drove to a schedule orto appointment.

FRIDAY-Cleaned, groceries, cooked and had family night!

So you have it, our week...I remember several years back a dentist I worked for,at the time,son said to him something about not going on a big trip for spring break, like all of his friends. Of course he had the good old father son talk with him about all the stuff he does for him through out the year and so on...

Our spring break is a prefect example even the littlest things done can be a good time, they might think different, but my point is you don't have to leave town, state or the country! I showed them meaningful things that we are usually to busy to just sit back and enjoy.

4 comments :

  1. What great photos! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photographs. It looks like you are having spring weather. Lucky you, it's raining here in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You take beautiful pictures. Nice meeting you! You have such a beautiful family! Too cute! I am a little late to the blog party but I like your blog! I’m still having a little "after party" at my place too!

    I'm not a mom yet myself but I'm thinking that may change one day soon! I'm trying to get the DL from moms on "the stuff they don't tell you beforehand!" haha.

    Can't wait to pick your brain! And please feel free to share your advice or secrets anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos. That is your daughter? She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete